Distressed jeans have surprised me. I didn’t think I would like them at first. But I have grown to love this particular pair. It all started at the Clearance rack at Target. I spotted these for approximately $5.99. I believe they were in the 75% off section. Since the price was right, I figured I’d take them home and give it a try. These jeans are currently my absolute favorite; not my Joe’s Jeans, not my Citizens…but Mossimo Supply Co. from Target! What makes this pair number one? Well, they meet two of my purchase requirements (Accessible & Affordable), they are super comfortable, and they are surprisingly stylish and Appropriate for a mom like me to wear. They bring the fun and adventure to my otherwise conventional outfit.
One thing you must know about me, I am a bargain shopper. It is on a very rare occasion that I will pay full price for an item. I prefer to shop clearance primarily.
My clearance shopping mentality:
- Do not purchase an item just for the discount.
- Ask yourself, “Would I pay full price for this item?”
- Or, “Would I be able to get this somewhere else for less?”
- Do consider purchasing an item if it is something you have been looking for or have been waiting to go on sale.
- Shop 50-75% off. The 25-30% off are great deals and probably items still in season, but only make the purchase if you can’t wait for the deeper discount or believe it will be gone before then.
The place where I find the best clearance deals is Target. Which brings me to my top for this particular outfit; it was a recent purchase for $11.48. That’s right, my outfit (top & bottom) is less than $20!
Here are some similar outfits
So, where do you find the best clearance deals? And did you ever take a risk on a purchase to later find it was the deal of the “century”? I would love to know!
Appropriate: for a Mom’s Night Out
For more distressed jean looks: check out my pins on pintrest